Thank you for visiting us!

We have a brand, new site to answer all your questions and show off some of the cakes we've made in the past! Please head over to:

http://www.auntieloostreats.ca

We've left up our past posts for you to peruse if you so wish.



Thank you!

xoxo
Miss Kate & The Auntie Loo's Team



Monday, August 2, 2010

What a view!

Saturday's wedding took place at the National Art Gallery. The location provides amazing views of the Parliament Buildings... it is truly a beautiful spot! The colours for this wedding were purple, fuschia, and metallic gold.

While I normally enjoy the design of every cake a client comes to us with, I really, truly loved everything about this order. My strongest passion in cake decorating is creating edible flowers; I learned the skills required to work with gumpaste before I ever really baked a cake! So when these clients wanted to have handmade orchids cascading down the side of this cake, I was ecstatic. After confirming the order with the couple, I had gone on a trip to England where I found a fantastic metallic gold ribbon that really tied in the metallic gold cupcake liners. The flavours for the cakes and cupcakes were mint chocolate, strawberry lemonade, vanilla lemon, and chocolate vanilla.

Anyway, when everything was said and done, the reception area in the Great Hall of the Art Gallery was amazing. The wedding colours really stood out in the sunshine that filled the room from the surrounding giant windows. It was an honour to be able to contribute to this wedding.

2 comments: